Turtle Race is one of several minigames in Chained Echoes. Players will be able to bet chips on one of the four turtles in the race.
“When we got asked to write a 15-second mathcore song for a bunch of turtles racing each other in a pixel art JRPG game,” the collective members of ZILF said in a press release, “we answered, ‘That’s the most ZILF thing we’ve ever heard.'”
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Take up your sword, channel your magic or board your Mech. Chained Echoes is a 16-bit SNES style RPG set in a fantasy world where dragons are as common as piloted mechanical suits. Follow a group of heroes as they explore a land filled to the brim with charming characters, fantastic landscapes and vicious foes. Can you bring peace to a continent where war has been waged for generations and betrayal lurks around every corner?
Chained Echoes is a story-driven game where a group of heroes travel around the vast continent of Valandis to bring an end to the war between its three kingdoms. In the course of their journey, they will travel through a wide array of diverse landscapes spanning from wind-tanned plateaus and exotic archipelagos to sunken cities and forgotten dungeons.
- 20 to 25 hours of play time.
- Fast paced turn-based battles.
- No random encounters; enemies can be seen running around.
- Tons of items to be looted, stolen, or crafted.
- Complex skill and equipment system.
- Customize your own airship.
- Travel and fight by foot or in your Mech.
- 16-bit SNES style graphics.
- Music inspired by original PlayStation RPGs.