Bandai Namco has released the version 1.20 update for Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris, which adds “Ancient Apostles: The Reaper of the Woods”—the first in a series of free additional stories—as well as “Mutated Beast” quests and various other improvements.
Get the patch notes below.
■ Version 1.20 Update
New Additional Contents
- Added free additional story update part #1 “Ancient Apostles: The Reaper of the Woods.” (This quest can be accepted after completing the main guest.)
- Kirito and Sinon must explore the haunted woods.
- Defeat the Boss named Fatal Scythe to obtain a new costume and weapon for Sinon.
- Added “Mutated Beast” Quests. (This quest can be accepted after completing the “Ancient Apostles: The Reaper of the Woods.” Interacting with the monument allows the player to accept Raid Dungeon quests, located in North Centoria.)
- By defeating the boss, you will obtain items to upgrade your equipment.
- Fixed the marker of the main quest temporarily disappearing during quests.
- Fixed the location of the Calamity Plants not immediately reflected on the mini-map when the main quest “The Three Keys” is in progress.
- Fixed the “Super Arts” and the “STUN gauge” not synchronizing properly during multiplayer mode.
- Fixed the issue where unplugging the LAN cable while in the main menu may cause the player to be unable to proceed.
- Fixed the battle unintentionally resetting on certain occasions during multiplayer mode.
- Fixed the effect of the personal arts code “Sturdy Body” not properly reflected on the status screen.
- Fixed certain enemies not spawning while using the Anima “Cautious.”
- Fixed the issue where the accuracy rate for enemies above Lv100 was applied to enemies below Lv100.
- Fixed Tiese’s sub episode being unable to proceed on certain occasions.
- Increased the level cap of the playable characters from 50 to 70. (The level cap will be upgradable after completing “Ancient Apostles: The Reaper of the Woods.”)
- Increased the level of weapons from 5 to 10.
- Changed the upper limit of the damage count from “999,999” to “99,999,999.”
- Fixed the descriptions of the battle skills, passive skills and add-ons listed below not matching the actual buff / debuff effects.
- Battle skills: Warrior of the Gods+ and Echoes of Madness+.
- Passive skills: Rain Incarnation, Guardian’s Stigmata, Mythic of Lurking, Mythic of Carnage, Blade Incarnation, Mythic of Ascension, Bloodblossom Stigmata, and Binary Star Sword God.
- Add-on: Sage’s Stigmata.
- Fixed the Battle skill “Liberation+” and “Falcon Fist+” not properly activating on certain occasions.
- Fixed other minor bugs and issues.
■ Upcoming Updates
- Ancient Apostles: The Knights of Contradictions story – Tiese receives a letter from her uncle. In the letter, he shares information that will help the human army. Thus, the group sets out to see him.
- CUBE VOL.2 – Vol. 2 coming in patch version 1.20!
- Daily quest, game balance adjustment, and level cap increase.
- Ancient Apostles series – New story will be added every one-to-1.5 months.
- Mutated Beast Quests – A quest where you can obtain items to upgrade your equipment. The harder the quest, the higher the chance of obtaining upgrade items.
- Sword Art Online Game series original playable heroines – planned to be added before the release of downloadable content #1. Stay tuned for more info!
Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris is available now for for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam.