“Creating The Falconeer has been a journey years in the making for me; it’s such a deeply personal game and I can’t wait for players to pick this up,” said creator Tomas Sala in a press release. “Whether it’s on PC or Xbox, please take some time to enjoy the world of The Great Ursee and everything it has to offer, I’m sure you’ll enjoy it.”
Here is an overview of the game, via Wired Productions:
From the clouds they dive, the screams of battle in their lungs…
Generations of poisonous decisions and treason swirl in the deep, as factions collide.
Become the Falconeer and soar through the skies aboard a devastatingly powerful Warbird. Uncover secrets lost to the sea as you join or oppose different factions and clans scattered throughout The Great Ursee. Take advantage of multiple Falconeer classes with individual stats, weapons and warbirds that can be upgraded through winning battles, completing quests, discovering secrets, or applying Mutagens or Chants. Use ocean thermals and energy to dive, dodge, barrel-roll, and twist to gain an advantage.
The Falconeer is an open-world air combat game, featuring fast, brutal aerial dogfights and deep exploration of an incredible fantasy open-world set not only above the clouds, but also amongst the waves and down through the sunken, ocean depths.
- Explore and Fly – The Great Ursee is an ancient place, filled with beautifully detailed locations to find and explore, not only above the clouds, but also below the waves. Discover sparks of order and civilization as well as wild and dangerous coasts filled with treasure, pirates, lost technology and amazing creatures.
- Fast, Brutal Dogfighting – Combat in the Falconeer is fast, brutal and devastating. The unique abilities of Warbirds allow for an unparalleled level of control and movability, creating epic fights with mounted enemies such as War Falcons, Weaver dragons, Mantarays and Razorbeetles.
- Factions – The rich and powerful yield fleets of airships and Falconeers to protect their assets, while revolution and dissent are brewing among the downtrodden and poor. Join and support your faction, flying missions that may change the fate of your comrades as well as yourself.
- Multiple Epic Storylines – Choose your unique character’s origin story, and build an unbreakable bond between player and bird, through one of multiple playable campaigns, encompassed by a world packed with side quests and free-flying exploration you won’t want to miss!
- Upgraded Wings – Purchase new weapons, armor, cosmetics, and mutagens to perfect your mount—whatever the cost.
Xbox Series Specifications
- Xbox Series X – 60 frames per second at 4K resolution, 120 frames per second at 1800p resolution + HDR, 120 hertz
- Xbox Series S – 60 frames per second at 1800p resolution, 120 frames per second at 1080p resolution
- Load Time – 13 seconds
- Install Size – 1.6GB
Watch the launch trailer below.