Free-to-play science-fiction third-person shooter Spacelords will run in 4K resolution at 60 frames per second on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series via a free update due out next week before each console’s launch, developer MercurySteam announced.
This is not a native next-generation version of the game, but the backward compatible PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions updated to run better on the new hardware, MercurySteam clarified. That said, all save data will carry over.
Here is an overview of the game, via its store pages:
Embark on an epic sci-fi, free-to-play adventure. Spacelords is a brand-new take on the shooter genre. Through its four-versus-one campaign, you experience both sides of the story: Join the Raiders in their fight to free the legendary Broken Planet, or switch sides and fight as the Antagonist alongside the invading hordes!
- Spacelords is completely free to play. You will be able to fully progress through the entire game.
- New four-versus-one campaign. Experience both sides of the story: join the Raiders in their fight to free the Broken Planet, or switch sides and foil their missions as the Antagonist.
- Mod your weapons and chose among hundreds of Cards to customize your character and create the ultimate Spacelords.
- Live a cinematic experience: over 80 incredible cinematic scenes will submerge you into the Spacelords universe.
- 17 characters to choose from.
- Over 70 unlockable weapons.
- Four configuration parameters for each weapon.
- Over 500 Character Cards.