The Switch version of visual novel Root Double: Before Crime After Days Xtend Edition will launch via the Nintendo eShop on November 26, publisher Sekai Games announced. Pre-orders are available now with a 20 percent-off discount.
Here is an overview of the game, via Sekai Games:
Interactive, Thrilling, Emotional – Genre beater!
Developed by Yeti and Regista and directed by Ever17 creator Nakazawa Takumi, Root Double: Before Crime After Days Xtend Edition follows the events of a nuclear meltdown at a research facility from two different points of view. The acclaimed game features a highly engaging and emotional story with 40 endings and exceeds 50 hours of gameplay. All investigation routes present superb value for a crime thriller that is one of the most interactive and thrilling visual novels of all times. A comprehensive ‘Quick Save‘ system ensures that you can quickly jump into the game at any time and choose a different route if you have reached one of the story endings.
- Beautiful artwork reworked in full high-definition.
- Directed by Ever17 Creator Takumi Nakazawa.
- Hours and hours of story that dynamically changes based on your choices.
- Unique gameplay (Senses Sympathy System) sets it apart from conventional visual novels.
- Mature serious storyline.
- Fully voiced in Japanese by famous voice actors.
- High replayability requires replaying to see all possible story outcomes.
- Two storyline branches—one before the crime and one after the crime.
Survive and React
Leaving an unknown amount of survivors inside the reactor at the verge of exploding, the rescue team is sent in to figure out the situation and save the ones left inside. Unfortunately the leader of the rescue team is suffering from amnesia, which makes the situation even more complicated. The player will uncover the events that have led to this disaster. Combining the stories of the different characters and experiencing every twist and turn is the only way to uncover the truth of what happened that fateful day.
Watch a new trailer below.