Publisher Dangen Entertainment and developer Black Seven Studios have released the second official trailer for 80s-themed story-driven action RPG Kingdom of Night.
Here is an overview of the game, via Dangen Entertainment:
One night, in 198X, in the small town of Watford, Arizona, a satanic cult unwittingly summons the ancient evil, Baphomet, catapulting the town into chaos. John, awoken by the kidnapping of his neighbor, sets out into the night to fight back against the demonic invasion and rescue his friends before it’s too late.
Kingdom of Night is an 80s themed isometric, story-driven, action RPG with an expansive, interconnected map and open-ended quest system. It is a game about coming of age, cosmic horror, and true love. The player takes control of John as his adventure leads him through an hour by hour experience of what may be everyone’s last night on Earth. He will encounter unearthly evils, Demon lords, afflicted townsfolk, high school bullies, and a torrent of engaging, serial-like side stories all nested in a larger-than-life fantasy that brings the ultimate evil to a neighborhood near you. Players can choose their own class, customize their abilities, battle nightmarish creatures, and collect unique items and equipment in order to infiltrate the massive lairs of demon lords that have taken over the town.
- Combines elements of action RPG and adventure through small town 80s aesthetic.
- Customize John’s abilities with nine unique classes in three distinct categories: Melee, Magic, and Ranged.
- Interact with citizens of the neighborhood and engage in a wide array of quests.
- Local Co-op Mode allows players to team up with friends.
- Nostalgic synthwave soundtrack, featuring one key theme by iconic 80s movie soundtrack composer, Vince DiCola (Rocky IV, Transformers: The Movie).
Kingdom of Night is due out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC via Steam and GOG in 2021.
Watch the trailer below.