Publisher tinyBuild and developer Cradle Games will release PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series versions of Hellpoint in 2021 as a free upgrade to the existing PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions, the companies announced.
The enhanced version will include support for higher frame rates and resolutions, faster loading times, and the following two visual modes:
- Performance Mode – Dynamic 4K resolution at 60 frames per second on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X
- Quality Mode – Native 4K resolution at 30 frames per second on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X
The Souls-like action RPG will be playable on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series via backward compatibility on day one, prior to its native release in 2021, where it will run better and add a new “unlock frame rate” option via a patch.
Hellpoint launched digitally for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC, Mac, and Linux via Steam on July 30. It is due out physically for PlayStation 4, as well as both physically and digitally for Switch in November.
Here is an overview of the game, via tinyBuild:
Hellpoint is set in the aftermath of a massive quantum cataclysm called the Merge. You wake up on board the Irid Novo space station, a beacon of galactic cooperation and scientific exploration gone horribly wrong. What happens next will be solely determined by your choices.
- Souls-like gameplay in a Unique Setting – Explore the derelict space station of Irid Novo and face bizarre enemies with a tight and unforgiving combat system.
- Occult Space Story – Blending science and fantasy, the intensely atmospheric dark sci-fi setting will keep you searching for answers.
- Dynamic World – The Quantic System acts as a dungeon master, slightly transforming the game world every time you die and triggering events as the station revolves around the black hole.
- Jump-in Co-Op and Player-versus-Player Multiplayer – Ask a friend to press Start to join a couch co-op session or call for assistance online. Hellpoint offers a full, uninterrupted co-op story with shared loot drops.