The key tidbits are as follows:
- 2021 will mark the 40th anniversary of Falcom.
- Falcom plans to release multiple titles for console(s) in commemoration of its 40th anniversary, including an all-new entry in the Trails series.
- With over five million copies sold and winner of various awards including the Japan Game Awards, Famitsu Award, and PlayStation Awards, the Trails series is one of Falcom’s flagship franchises.
- Falcom will expand its game content to multiple platforms such as PlayStation 4, Switch, PC, and smartphone worldwide (Japan, North America, Europe, and Asia).
- Falcom will continue to provide appealing new game content while actively utilizing in-house IP to produce new titles that act as new challenges, including the Trails and Ys series.
The most recent entry in the Trails series, The Legend of Heroes: Hajimari no Kiseki, launched for PlayStation 4 on August 27 in Japan and Asia.