Gearbox Publishing and developer Norsfell Games have released a gameplay overview trailer for Tribes of Midgard, which is due out for PlayStation 5 and PC via Steam in 2021.
Here is an overview of the game, via Gearbox Publishing:
Tribes of Midgard is an upcoming game in which players will have to thrive in the wilderness and become a Viking legend in order to defend their village against enemy forces during Ragnarok.
Set in a world full of dark creatures, hidden gods and abundant materials to be uncovered, play together as a Viking clan living in a village that harbours the Seed of Yggdrasil; a tree that holds the promise of everlasting life.
Explore the wilderness to craft new weapons and be prepared to protect the delicate tree of your village from the grim shadows that prey upon its power. All the while, giants stalk ever closer to your village, seeking to destroy Midgard and fulfill the prophecy of the end of the world.
Inspired by Norse mythology and winner of the 2017 Ubisoft Indie Series, Tribes of Midgard is a continuously evolving gameplay experience that has something to offer longtime fans of survival games and Viking enthusiasts alike.
- Up to 10 Player Co-Op – Form a tribe, from one to 10 players, and thrive together as long as you can.
- Explore Midgard – Set in a world full of dark creatures, hidden gods and abundant materials to be uncovered.
- Craft Legendary Equipment – Use gathered materials to forge new equipment and reinforce your village.
- Defend Your Home At Night – Work together to stop the legions of Hel from invading your village at nightfall.
- Fight Together In The Wild – Face a variety of enemies while exploring the world and loot them for rewards.
- Stop The Giants To Prevent Ragnarok – Engage Giants and defeat them before they destroy the Seed of Yggdrasil.
Watch the trailer below.