Publisher Merge Games and developer Infuse Studio will release Spirit of the North: Enhanced Edition, an enhanced version of the November 2019-released adventure game, for PlayStation 5 digitally on November 26, and physically on December 1 in North America and December 4 in Europe for $34.99, the companies announced.
Here is an overview of the game, via its product listings:
Spirit of the North: Enhanced Edition is a single-player third-person adventure game inspired by the breathtaking and mysterious landscapes of Iceland. The story takes root from various pieces of Nordic folklore. Play as an ordinary fox whose story becomes entwined with The Guardian of the Northern Lights, a magical spirit fox. As you journey over the mountains and under red-stained skies, you’ll discover more about your companion and a land left in ruin. Uniquely designed to purposefully have no dialogue or narration. Players must breathe in their surroundings to solve various puzzles and speculate the meaning of a lost ancient civilization.
- Explore the world with two new and platform-exclusive skins.
- Fall into complete immersion as you make your way across stunning 4K resolution landscapes, complete with remastered textures, lighting, and objects, complete in 60 frames per second.
- Solve environmental puzzles to change the world around you, using ancient powers bestowed upon you by The Guardian of the Northern Lights.
- Follow the mysterious Spirit Fox across a land left in ruin as you discover more about a lost civilization.
- Moving orchestral soundtrack featuring 14 original compositions.
Spirit of the North first launched for PlayStation 4 in November 2019, followed by Switch and PC via Steam in May 2020.
Watch a teaser trailer for Spirit of the North: Enhanced Edition below. View a set of screenshots and box art at the gallery.