Soldner-X 2: Final Prototype Definitive Edition will launch for PlayStation 4 on November 4 for $9.99 / €9.99, publisher Eastasiasoft and developer SideQuest Studios announced.
Pre-orders for a limited print physical edition are currently available at Play-Asia for $34.99. It includes a copy of the game, collector’s box, manual, two-disc original soundtrack, poster, and numbered certificate.
The Definitive Edition is optimized for 60 frames per second performance and includes all previous updates, downloadable content, and a new gallery mode. Detailed score tables and replay data sharing have also been added.
Here is an overview of the game, via Eastasiasoft:
A side-scrolling shooter sensation returns, bigger and bolder than ever before! Blending traditional arcade gameplay with scorching HD visuals and rocking audio presentation, Soldner-X 2: Final Prototype Definitive Edition is laser-focused on bringing everything the genre is known for into the current generation.
Dynamic score-linked difficulty, a challenge mode that rewards skillful performance with bonus features, devastating limit attacks and a pumping soundtrack are just the beginning. All previous DLC is now included in the base game, replay sharing and online scoreboards support friend lists, weapon and boss effects have been updated, challenge difficulties have been rebalanced, plus there’s a new gallery mode. This is the ultimate realization of Soldner-X 2: Final Prototype, fully revised and reborn!
- Master 10 stages of blistering shoot’em up action.
- Choose from three ships, each tuned for a unique play style.
- Take down fierce and gigantic bosses!
- Unlock a variety of bonuses, some useful and others purely prestigious.
- Discover a brand new gallery mode!
- Enjoy high-definition presentation in 60 frames per second with almost no load times.
- Share your victory with friends using detailed score tables and replay sharing.
- Get in the mood with more than 30 adrenaline-pumping music tracks!
Watch a new trailer below.