Capcom has launched digital pre-orders for Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition, as well as announced that the Devil May Cry 5 downloadable content “Playable Character: Vergil” will launch on December 15.
Here are the latest details, via Capcom:
Starting right now, you can pre-order Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition on both PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S digital stores. Anyone who purchases the game by November 18 will get a free pack of 100,000 Red Orbs. These are immensely useful early on in the game as they’ll help unlock moves, buy Devil Breakers, buy other Orbs and even bring you back from defeat in a pinch. Or… you can be a total badass and just hold onto them, saving up for some of those pricey Taunts. Up to you.
“Playable Character: Vergil” Downloadable Content
“Playable Character: Vergil DLC” will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on December 15 for US$4.99 / €4.99 / £3.99.
Vergil will be fully playable on Story Missions, The Void, and Bloody Palace.
And here is an updated fact sheet:
Capcom is kicking off the new console generation in SSStyle with Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition. As the storied publisher’s first title on next-gen, Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition comes packed with an abundance of new features and game modes powered by next-gen consoles, in addition to the heavily requested arrival of Vergil as a playable character. With Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition, Capcom is upping the ante on stylish action with the introduction of next-gen features such as ray tracing technology and enhanced 3D audio, fan-favorite modes including Turbo Mode and Legendary Dark Knight Mode, and the inclusion of Deluxe Edition and EX Color Pack content. Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition will be available for PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S for MSRP $39.99, with the digital version arriving as day one launch titles for next-gen consoles, followed by a physical release on December 1.
- Wield the Yamato – Take the stylish action to a new level as Vergil, Dante’s long-time rival and twin brother. Devil May Cry 5 players on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC will also be able to access all Vergil content in the “Playable Character: Vergil DLC” at a later date.
- New Gameplay Modes – Test your skills against the unique challenges of the new Legendary Dark Knight Mode and Turbo Mode.
- Legendary Dark Knight Mode – Fans seeking an added challenge can pit their skills and style against a Crazy amount of enemies in the perilous Legendary Dark Knight Mode.
- Turbo Mode – Adrenaline junkies can push their reaction times to the limit against the increased speed of Turbo Mode, which ups the rate of gameplay by 20 percent to allow for even more rapid and fluid combo opportunities.
- Ascend the Bloody Palace – Tackle the increasingly difficult floors of the Bloody Palace challenge mode, originally introduced as free post-launch content for Devil May Cry 5. Only the most skilled demon hunters will make it to the top floor to face the ultimate challenge.
- High-Octane Stylized Action – Play as four different characters: Nero, Dante, V, and the newly-added Vergil. Cut a path through the ruins of Redgrave City with each character using radically different play styles as they take on the teaming hordes of demons.
- Groundbreaking Graphics – Developed with Capcom’s in-house proprietary RE engine, Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition brings the visual quality to new heights, with graphics that utilize photorealistic character designs, stunning lighting and environmental effects. These superb visuals have been enhanced with ray tracing technology*, 4K visuals, and increased framerates, all with minimal load times.
- Vivid 3D Audio – Maintain their Smokin’ Sexy Style through the frenetic action and cutting chords by adapting to the sounds of enemy movements above, below, and to any side of your character with realistic detail.
*Ray tracing will be available as a downloadable title update on Xbox Series X, however Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition will not support ray tracing on Xbox Series S.
Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition is due out digitally for Xbox Series on November 10 worldwide, as well as PlayStation 5 on November 12 in the United States, Japan, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, and South Korea, and November 19 in the rest of the world. A physical edition will follow on December 1.