Publisher Sega and developer The Eccentric Ape will release Armor of Heroes, a retro take on Company of Heroes, for PC via Steam on October 15 as part of Sega’s 60th anniversary. It will only be available until October 19 at 10:00 a.m. PT / 2:00 p.m. ET.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
In celebration of Sega’s 60th Anniversary, Sega has taken the retro thrill of old school tank battles and polished them up with a modern spit shine, integrating art and models from Relic Entertainment’s beloved Company of Heroes series.
Play solo, team up against the AI, or go head-to-head in all-out four-person player-versus-player battles!
- Three scoring modes:
- Deathmatch – Reach the score limit or achieve the highest score within the time limit.
- Score Zone – Only get points when within the zone.
- Survival – Fixed number of lives; winner is the last tank standing.
- Three configurations:
- Nine game modes in total:
- Crazy Tanks
- King of the Hill
- Danger Zone
- Last Man Standing
- Four levels from small to large with destructible scenery.
- AI opponents.
- Fully configurable controls (keyboard and controllers via Steam Input).
- Remote Play Together – Invite a friend, let them take a tank.
Watch the announcement trailer below.