Studio Wildcard has released the version 802.9 update for the Xbox One version of ARK: Survival Evolved, which introduces “major enhancements” when the game is played on Xbox Series X.
The list of Xbox Series X upgraded features includes:
- 4K output at 30 to 60 frames per second
- Extreme draw / LOD distance (higher than PC)
- Extreme level streaming distance (higher than PC)
- Epic sky and atmospherics quality
- Epic subsurface scattering quality
- Infinite-range high precision screen space ambient occlusion
- Max texture resolution
- 16x anisotropic filtering
- Infinite-range distance field shadows
- Terrain self-shadowing
- Epic dynamic shadow quality
- Epic ground clutter distance
- High-precision HDR output
- Epic postprocessing quality
- Tetherless non-dedicated hosting
- Tetherless splitscreen
- 100-player dedicated server hosting
- Split-screen multiplayer uses Epic graphics settings
- Seven-times faster loading
ARK: Survival Evolved is available now for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, PC, Mac, and Linux via Steam, the Epic Games Store, and the Microsoft Store, iOS via the App Store, and Android via Google Play. A Stadia version is due out in early 2021.
Watch a trailer showcasing the upgrades below.