Tetris Effect: Connected will launch for Xbox Series X, Xbox One, and PC via the Microsoft Store, as well as the Xbox Game Pass on November 10, publisher Enhance Games and developers Monstars and Resonair announced.
Here is an overview of the game, via Enhance Games:
Tetris Effect: Connected adds an all-new robust multiplayer expansion to the huge variety of addictive and innovative single-player modes that Tetris Effect is known for, and is optimized native 4K / 60 frames per second visuals (Xbox Series X and PC versions).
Wherever they choose to play—on Xbox Series X, Xbox One, or Windows 10 PC—Xbox gamers can connect and play with or against each other in all-new modes like “Zone Battle,” which shakes up traditional one-on-one Tetris gameplay via the time-stopping Zone mechanic made famous in Tetris Effect, or the innovative co-op of “Connected” mode, where up to three players can literally connect their Tetris playfields together and play as one, as they work together to take down a series of increasingly-challenging CPU-controlled bosses.
The new multiplayer expansion joins the 10-plus single-player modes already included in the original Tetris Effect. This is Tetris like you’ve never seen it, or heard it, or felt it before—an incredibly addictive, unique, and breathtakingly gorgeous reinvention of one of the most popular puzzle games of all time, from the people who brought you the award-winning Rez Infinite and legendary puzzle game Lumines. Music, backgrounds, sounds, special effects—everything, down to the Tetriminos themselves, pulse, dance, shimmer, and explode in perfect sync with how you’re playing, making all of the game’s 30+ stages something you’ll want to experience over and over again.
Development is being handled by the same team of Monstars Inc. and Resonair as the original Tetris Effect, with additional coding and networking help from Tokyo-based Stage Games.
- Online or Local co-op and competitive play for one to three players (one to two competitive, one to three co-op, with CPU players available).
- Ranked and unranked play, matchmaking, and player progression for unlockable avatars.
- Cross-play between all Xbox Platforms: Xbox One, Xbox Series X, and Windows 10 PC.
- The entire Tetris Effect single-player game also included.
- Smart Delivery means Xbox One owners can upgrade to Xbox Series X any time for free.
- Available for sale or via Xbox Game Pass at launch.