Mutan has announced party fighting game Goonya Fighter: Purupuru Shokkan Edition (title tentative) for PlayStation 5, the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu reveals. A release date was not announced.
Goonya Fighter first launched for Switch via the Nintendo eShop in June 2019, and has since sold over 160,000 copies.
Goonya Fighter: Purupuru Shokkan Edition for PlayStation 5 adds a new mode that introduces the “haptic feedback” technology of the DualSense controller, which allows players to feel the in-game action through dynamic feedback. Online battles seem to be limited to standard mode, however. New game modes unique to PlayStation 5 may also be added.
As previously announced, an arcade version of Goonya Fighter is also planned for release.
Here is an overview of the Switch version, via Nintendo.com:
A floppy kind of party fighting game! With one Nintendo Switch system up to four people can flop about until you can flop no more. Ready to become a Goonya Fighter?
Walk too far and you flop over; punch the wrong way and be sent flying! And get back up again just as easily! For beginners and pros alike, welcome to a different kind of fighting game.
- Via internet or local communication get into the squidgy world of Goonya Fighter.
- Fight with other “Goonya Fighters” around the world.
- Increase your ranks and winnings and get access to more characters.
- One console, two Joy-Cons, double the fun!
- Internet battles can also be fought in teams, one team sharing one Joy-Con.
- Take on the challenge with a sibling, a best friend, a family member, your lover, your dog.
- There are only four buttons to use!
- Punch with (A), Kick with (B), Jump with (X), Guard with (Y). That’s it!
- Be warned though: you’ll still be getting into very heated matches.
- Three game modes, 90 battlefields, one hell of a game!
- The three game mode are as follows:
- The “battle” mode.
- The “coin battle” mode.
- The “race” mode.
- Each mode can be played with up to four people.
- Master the various stages to beat your enemies.
- Kick bombs toward them; force them onto crumbling floors.
- Utilize the surrounding magma and water and gorge on the resulting chaos!
- Polish your technique in Story Mode.
- Enjoy solo play in story mode and become a strong fighter.
- As Nyack, plunge into battle against the interfering Amoebas with your companion Mash.
- Fend off the enemies and their numerous traps and be the best!
- Using one console (two Joy-Cons), you can team up and have even more fun in story mode!
Watch a trailer for the Switch version below.
Update 09/03/20 at 5:00 a.m.: Here is a first look at the PlayStation 5 version:
— グーニャファイター(Goonya Fighter) (@GoonyaFighterJP) September 3, 2020