Publishers Tripwire Interactive and Deep Silver, and developer Blindside Interactive will release Maneater for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series platforms at launch for each platform, the companies announced.
Maneater for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series will support ray tracing, native 4K HDR resolution at 60 frames per second, and new lighting effects. The PC version of Maneater will receive these enhancements in 2021 via a free update.
Users who currently own Maneater for PlayStation 4 or Xbox One will be able to upgrade to the PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series version free of charge.
Maneater first launched for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via the Epic Games Store on May 22, and has since sold over one million units. It is also planned for release on Switch.
“The Tripwire team has been overwhelmed by the great reception Maneater received since it launched earlier this year, and we can’t wait for players to experience the thrill of playing as a deadly shark in all of her powerful glory on next-gen consoles,” said Tripwire Interactive CEO John Gibson in a press release. “With next-gen Maneater has never looked better with amazing ray traced water and smooth 4k 60 frames per second gameplay, but the adventures won’t stop there, as fans can expect even more exciting news about the future of Maneater soon.”
Here is an overview of the game, via Tripwire Interactive:
Maneater is a single player, open-world action-RPG (ShARkPG) where YOU are the shark. Starting as a small bull shark pup you are tasked with surviving the harsh world while eating your way up the ecosystem. To do this, you will explore a large and varied open world encountering diverse enemies—both human and wildlife. Find the right resources and you can grow and evolve far beyond what nature intended, allowing the player to tailor the shark to their play style. This is fortunate, because to get revenge on the cruel fisherman that dismembered you will take evolving into a massive shark, an apex predator of legends. Eat. Explore. Evolve.
- Fully Evolved for Next-Gen Consoles – Gaming’s new queen of the deep will return more powerful than ever in the next generation of gaming. Full utilization of next gen hardware including ray-tracing, native 4K HDR support at a silky smooth 60 frames per second, lush new lighting effects, immersive feedback via the PlayStation 5 DualSense controller’s haptic motors, and more will put players in control of the apex predator of the sea like never before.
- Eat – Feed on humans, consume nutrients, and find rare shark loot to evolve past what nature intended.
- Explore the Gulf – Explore seven large regions, including bayous of the gulf coast, resort beaches, industrial docks, the open ocean and more. Experience a living world with a full day / night cycle.
- Evolve Into a Legend – Unlock and equip various Evolutions that improve and enhance your shark as you progress through the campaign.
- Unique Story – Play through a full narrative, story-based campaign narrated by Chris Parnell (Rick and Morty, Saturday Night Live, 30 Rock) and set against the backdrop of a reality TV show.
- Diverse, Compelling Combat – Battle fierce wildlife including other apex predators or fight against various types of human hunters ranging from town drunks all the way up to the Coast Guard.
PlayStation 5 will launch on November 12 in the United States, Japan, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, and South Korea, and November 19 in the rest of the world including Europe, Middle East, South America, Asia, and South Africa.
Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S will launch on November 10 worldwide.