Developers PLiCy and Shou will release a remastered version of the 2001-released indie fantasy RPG Cresteaju for Switch via the Nintendo eShop on September 17 for 3,000 yen in Japan, the companies announced.
The remastered version of Cresteaju adds improved graphics, a voice cast, new scenarios and background music, and more.
Here is an overview of the game, via PLiCy:
What is Cresteaju?
Cresteaju is a full-length fantasy RPG released by Shou in 2001. Although created by a single person, its scenario takes over 30 hours to clear and it has a strategic battle system, which made it quite popular in the early days of the Internet.
The Switch version of Cresteaju is both a port of the original release and a high-definition remaster. Various new elements have been added, from improved graphics to voice-overs, and new scenarios and background music.
—A humans tore off the hands of God and obtained two powers.
Legends such as these are passed down in the continent of Filgart. There, a rapidly-expanding organization emerged and continental order was thrown into chaos.
Enjoy a story of “friendship, memories, and the barriers of time.”
- Battle Screen Revamped – The battle screen has been revamped to be fully high-definition and convert the field to full 3D. Enjoy intense battles on a 16:9 high-definition screen that utilizes the NintendoWare Bezel Engine. You can also enjoy voiced dialogue between characters during battle.
- Character Voices Added – Voiced character dialogue has been added during battle and some event scenes. The voice cast includes:
- Renan (voiced by Megumi Natsushiro)
- Dither (voiced by Yuuki Fujino)
- Saviar (voiced by Shou Jinnai)
- Leisel (voiced by Kousuke Ueda)
- Cindy (voiced by Tomosa Murata)
- Knack (voiced by Hitomi Muraoka)
- Yumi (voiced by Kakeru Hota)
- And more…
- Many New Scenarios and Background Music Added – Original creator Shou has written new scenarios and background music as additional elements for this remaster. Additionally, all sorts of new post-game elements have been added. In the additional mode “Retro-Style Mode,” you can enjoy the chiptune version background music of all recorded songs in the game as the in-game background music.
- Menu Screen Revamp – The menu screen has been revamped. Enjoy scenic visuals featuring characters from the game as you progress through the story.
- Online Rankings – Online rankings have been implemented, which allows you to compete clear times against other players across the country.
- Difficulty Adjustments and Navigation Feature Added – Difficulty has been adjusted to allow even newcomers to the series to play with ease. Additionally, “Tutorial” and “Navigation” features have been added for further ease of play.
Watch the announcement trailer below.