Outerloop Games will release first-person single-player action adventure game Falcon Age for Switch via the Nintendo eShop and PC via Steam on October 8 for $19.99 with a 25 percent-offlaunch discount, the developer announced.
The Switch and Steam versions will ship with over a year of content updates, including new quests, an upgrade system for your falcon, revamped cooking and hunting mechanics, and various quality of life updates
The Switch version also supports touch controls to pet your falcon, and gyro controls with the Joy-Cons.
The Steam version supports virtual reality with most popular headsets such as Valve Index, HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, and Quest.
Falcon Age first launched for PlayStation 4 (with PlayStation VR support) in April 2019, followed by PC via the Epic Games Store in September 2019.
Here is an overview of the game, via Outerloop Games:
In this first-person single-player action-adventure, players will take on the role of Ara and learn to hunt, gather, and fight to reclaim her cultural legacy in the lost art of falcon hunting against a force of automated colonizers.
The game starts on a dying colony planet with its culture destroyed, resourced depleted, and turned into a desert by machine invaders. Ara’s been wrongfully thrown in jail for a minor infraction. While she awaits her fate in a lonely cell, she passes the time by befriending a young falcon. Together they escape and set off on an adventure to help the resistance reclaim their freedom and drive off the invaders.
- Take back your life: Rebel against robot colonizers and reclaim your culture.
- Bond with a bird companion: Name, pet, feed, teach, and dress up your falcon.
- Hunt with your falcon: Various animals roam the land and can be hunted for precious materials.
- Craft falcon snacks: Farm, hunt, and cook snacks to feed, buff, heal and strengthen your falcon.
- Accessorize your falcon: Make your falcon look dreamy with different hats and scarves. -also equipment for gameplay like sonar and armor.
- Fight robot colonizers: Use your trusty stun baton to fight off drones and robots with the help of your falcon.
- Reclaim your land: Take back multiple locations from the colonizing faction and rebuild your community.
- Imprint Mode: Play the story mode with optional combat.
- Dedicated pet button: Give and take items, high-five, fist bump, and sooth your falcon.
Watch a new trailer below.