Wraith: The Oblivion – Afterlife will launch for PlayStation VR, Oculus Rift, Quest, and S via the Oculus Store, and HTC Vive and Valve Index via Steam in early 2021, developer Fast Travel Games announced. It will support English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Simplified Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Brazilian Portuguese, and Russian language options.
Here is an overview of the game, via Fast Travel Games:
Even the dead are terrified inside the Barclay Mansion. As a Wraith, unravel its secrets and hide from the sinister Spectres trailing your footsteps. Wraith: The Oblivion – Afterlife is a first-person virtual reality horror exploration game set in the World of Darkness universe.
Become a Wraith
The player will take on the role as a spirit of the dead, holding specific Wraith powers at their disposal that will grow during the game and grant access to new areas:
- Wraithgrasp – Allows the player to manipulate objects from a distance and change the environment around them.
- Sharpened Senses – Helps the player pick up distant whispers or track the movement of other spirits.
- Insubstantiality – Gives the player the power to walk through solid walls.
The Barclay Mansion
Afterlife plays against a backdrop of modern Hollywood decadence and occult research:
- The player will get to explore the massive Barclay Mansion to gradually reveal its terrifying history, and the reason behind their own death.
- The mansion is filled with apparitions and sinister Spectres trailing the players’ footsteps, each with its own background story and with a connection to the bigger mystery.
- In order to stay hidden and find out the truth, players will need to use stealth as well as objects and clues in the environment.
A World of Dark Secrets
Afterlife shares the same universe as Vampire: The Masquerade and Werewolf: The Apocalypse, where monsters are real and live among us:
- For the first time in history, the player will get to experience a World of Darkness game from the Wraith’s perspective.
- As a Wraith, death is not the end. The player is caught between this life and the next, accompanied by their Shadow, a manifestation of their dark subconscious.
- The Shadowlands are the reflection of the daylight world: a place where the dead walk unseen, side by side with the living.
Watch the first gameplay trailer below. View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.