The free “eSports Tournament” update for Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun will launch on August 19, Bandai Namco announced.
“eSports Tournament” is an online competitive gameplay mode featuring four tournament difficulties: “Easy,” “Normal,” “Hard,” and “Extreme.” For the first round, a song is randomly selected from those in the song package, and from the second round, each player performs their own pre-selected “My Battle” song. The winner is determined by the total score of the two songs.
“My Battle” songs are not limited to the songs included with the game—they can also be set from downloadable content songs. (Though there are some songs that cannot be used.) The winner will receive a gold medal and the runner-up will receive a silver medal. By competing in tournaments, you can obtain icons and greetings for use in online battles.
Players who lose their performance battles can still spectate the battles of the remaining players and send supportive hearts to liven up the performance screen. Battles will also feature commentary by Master Bachio.
In addition to the August 13-due update, Bandai Namco also plans to release several new song downloadable content on August 20 in Japan, including:
- Individual (150 yen)
- [Anime] “1-2-3” by After the Rain (Soraru x Mafumafu) (from Pokemon)
- Rock Music Pack (400 yen)
- [Pop] “Nonsense Bungaku” by Eve
- [Pop] “Rocket Dive”
- [Anime] “Phoenix” (from Haikyuu!! To the Top)
- Vocaloid Music Pack Vol. 5 (500 yen)
- [Vocaloid] “Otome Kaibou” by DECO*27 feat. Hatsune Miku
- [Vocaloid] “Taiyoukei Disco” by NayutalieN feat. Hatsune Miku
- [Vocaloid] “Alkali Rettousei” by Kairiki Bear feat. Hatsune Miku (from Sentou Setsuri Kaiseki System #Compass)
- [Vocaloid] “Melt” by supercell feat. Hatsune Miku
- [Vocaloid] “Coffee no Aji to” by Harunaba
Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun is available now for Switch worldwide.
View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.