The PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC (Steam, Humble Store, and Microsoft Store) versions will launch in November. As previously announced, the Xbox Series X version will launch on day one of the console’s release date. The PlayStation 5 version will release at a later date.
The Xbox versions will support “Smart Delivery,” ensuring consumers will only need to purchase the game once to play it on either Xbox One or Xbox Series X when both the console and that version of the game are available.
A PlayStation 5 upgrade path is also being planned and will be announced at a later date.
The previously announced “Day One Edition” of Yakuza: Like a Dragon will be officially titled the “Day Ichi Edition.” (“Ichi” means “one” in Japanese, and is also a nickname for protagonist Ichiban Kasuga—whose first name means “No. 1.”) It is joined “Hero” and “Legendary Hero” editions, which are available for pre-order on digital storefronts starting today. Here is an overview of each edition:
|Day Ichi Digital Edition ($59.99)||Day Ichi SteelBook Edition ($59.99)||Hero Edition (Digital) ($69.99)||Legendary Hero Edition (Digital) ($89.99)|
|Pre-Order Bonus: “Legends Costume Pack”||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Management Mode Set||✓||✓|
|Stat Boost Set||✓|
|Ultimate Costume Set||✓|
Sega also announced the English voice cast of Yakuza: Like a Dragon, which includes:
- Kaiji Tang as Ichiban Kasuga, protagonist of the story returning from 18 years spent in prison.
- George Takei as Masumi Arakawa, patriarch of the Arakawa Family.
- Andrew Morgado as Koichi Adachi, an ex-cop on the search for truth.
- Greg Chun as Yu Nanba, downtrodden former nurse making amends with the world.
- Elizabeth Maxwell as Saeko Mukoda, a bar hostess on a mission.
Watch a new trailer below. View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.