Developer Black Lab Games has announced Live by the Sword: Tactics, a strategy RPG due out for PC via Steam in early 2021.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Live by the Sword: Tactics is a tactical RPG that puts you in charge of a group of adventurers. As the Kingdom rebuilds after a devastating war, people are slowly returning to their normal lives. During this time a plot is discovered that threatens to throw the Kingdom back into further ruin. You must prevent this from happening at all costs.
Multiple Game Modes
Live by the Sword: Tactics features many ways to play:
- Story Mode that features a group of adventurers who discover an evil plot.
- Roguelite Adventure Mode that has you building the world as you explore it.
- Ranked and Unranked online battles between two players.
- Local and LAN battles between two players.
- Tools to create custom battlefields.
The battle system in Live by the Sword revolves around 5 vs 5 battles. The player has the choice of building their team with seven unique classes:
- The Alchemist
Each class posses an innate ability as well as a pool of 6 unique abilities to choose from. Choose wisely as you can only take four into battle.
Watch the announcement trailer below.