505 Games will publish open-world zombie survival sandbox game Unturned for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One this fall for $24.99, the company announced.
Developed by Smartly Dressed Games, Unturned is a free-to-play title first released for PC via Steam in July 2017. The console version is developed by 505 Games and FunLabs, and retains the gameplay features of the PC verison, while offering “restructured visuals, enhanced game mechanics, a new deeper unlock progression system, and a refreshed experience.”
Here is an overview of the game, via 505 Games:
Unturned is created by Smartly Dressed Games, a studio launched by Canadian developer and game designer Nelson Sexton. The studio has partnered with publisher 505 Games and remains actively involved in the console development process.
Unturned players assume the role of a survivor in the zombie-infested ruins of modern-day society and must work with friends and forge alliances to remain among the living. Players will scavenge for supplies such as clothes, food, and weapons and craft resources like wood and metal to create strongholds and defenses. Threats and danger run amok and players must actively monitor health, food and water, and radiation levels.
Unturned is developed for console by 505 Games and FunLabs and offers all gameplay features enjoyed by players on PC with restructured visuals, enhanced game mechanics, a new deeper unlock progression system, and a refreshed experience for players.
- Massive Maps – Explore up to eight sandbox maps by traveling by land, air, and sea.
- Craft – Create your equipment and structures from supplies you collect.
- Power Up – Upgrade skills in three categories: Offense, Defense, Support.
- Customize – Avatars can be fully cosmetically personalized.
- Multiplayer – Brave zombies and other foes alone or team up with friends.
- Split Screen – Play locally with a friend in split-screen mode.
- Compete or Ally – Attempt to form alliances with other players or take out all competition