In North America, the PlayStation 4 version of Kandagawa Jet Girls is currently available for pre-purchase through the XSEED Games Store and participating retailers as a day one “Racing Hearts” limited edition for $59.99, which includes the base game, two-disc soundtrack CD with 54 tracks, and a 5.5 inches by 7.3 inches softcover 64-page art book, and a special box with exclusive art illustrated by Hanaharu Naruko. It will also be available as a standalone purchase for PlayStation 4 and PC for $49.99 at launch. A Digital Deluxe Edition will also be available for $59.99.
In Europe, Kandagawa Jet Girls will be a digital-only release. The standard edition will be priced at £39.99 / €49.99 and the Digital Limited Edition for PS4 and Digital Deluxe Edition for PC will be priced at will be priced at £49.99 / €59.99. The Digital Limited Edition includes the base game, digital soundtrack application, and an avatar and theme pack. The Digital Deluxe Edition includes the base game, full soundtrack, and the Maid Bikini (Lemon Yellow) and Bunny Costume (Carrot Orange) character outfits (which will also be available to purchase separately at launch).
Senran Kagura characters Ryobi and Ryona, who were released as downloadable content in Japan, will be availalable as playable characters within the base game as a gift to western fans. Separately, Senran Kagura characters Asuka and Yumi will join the lineup of characters as premium downloadable content after the game launches. Other downloadable content teams from the Senran Kagura series due out post-launch include Ikaruga and Yomi, Homura and Hikage, and Murasaki and Mirai. The four teams will be sold separately and as a Senran Kagura Character Pass for $29.99.
Here is an overview of the game, via XSEED Games and Marvelous Europe:
Jet racing is the sport of the future and the waterways of Tokyo host some of the most daring and skilled young athletes on their high-speed jet machines. Drivers, also known as ‘Jetters,’ pair up with a ‘Shooter’ armed with water weapons to blast away the competition. They must wow spectators if they want to win, building up their boost meter with spectacular aerial stunts while dodging obstacles and evading enemy attacks. Each team can be customized with various outfits, and players can get under the hood to tweak their jet machines’ parts to improve its capabilities and tweak its handling.
Pick from the seven two-girl teams, discovering each of their hopes and motivations for racing as you play through 64 episodes of lighthearted racing drama in single-player stories. Players can switch up the roles of Jetters and Shooters on each team throughout the story mode, and can pair up any two characters from any team to create their own dream team in free mode. The title features online multiplayer with support for up to four players.
- Experience the journey of Jet Racers – Enjoy the story of Rin Namiki and her new-found team-mate Misa Aoi as they learn the thrills of what it means to be a Jet Racer in this harshly competitive world. Encounter new friends, make new rivals but most of all compete to be the best Jet Racer within Japan.
- Multiple Playable Characters – Seven teams, seven Jet Skis and fourteen different characters will be playable; with each Character and Jet Ski being interchangeable and selectable in offline and online gameplay modes. Choose your favourite characters and race to victory.
- The Fun of Water Guns – SHOOTERS on each team can use one of many different water-based weapons including Dual Handguns, Gatling Gun, Sniper Rifle and Missile Launcher. Each weapon also has their own unique firing style and cool-down; so choose wisely.
- In-Depth Customization – Dress up your character in more than 60 outfits, and customise the Jet Ski with over 50 machine parts, to express your passion for the sport and to gain the attention of your rivals.
- Mini-Games Galore – Trying to be the best at Jet Racing can be tiresome; so relax with four fun-filled mini-games that will help train the body and soul.
- Ryobi and Ryona from Senran Kagura are Here – The infamous sisters Ryobi and Ryona will be included as playable characters in Kandagawa Jet Girls on the PlayStation 4.
Watch a new trailer below. View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.