West of Dead will launch for Xbox One and PC via Steam on June 18, publisher Raw Fury and developer Upstream Arcade announced. A free beta is currently available both platforms. The PlayStation 4 and Switch versions will launch in August.
Here is an overview of the game, via Raw Fury:
Purgatory, Wyoming, 1888. A place of gun smoke and darkness, sin and damnation, wendigos and witches. A shifting, chaotic world that takes its form from the memories, culture or beliefs of the souls who pass through. When a dead man awakens with only the memory of a figure in black, he sets into motion a chain of events that have truly mythic consequences.
Step into the boots of the dead man William Mason (voiced by Ron Perlman) and descend into the grim and gritty world of Purgatory in this fast-paced twin-stick shooter that’ll put your skills to test. Dodge behind cover as you try to outgun your enemies in the unknown procedurally generated hunting grounds.
The Wild West has never been this dark.
- Twin-stick shooter with tactical cover usage.
- A dark and gritty Wild West.
- Procedural hunting grounds for action variety.
- Rougelike twin-stick shooter.
- Explore the dark grim setting of Purgatory.
- Unlock hellish revolvers and riﬂes and ﬁnd the shortcuts between levels
Watch a new trailer below.