Gearbox Publishing will publish the Norsfell Games-developed Tribes of Midgard for PlayStation 5 and PC via Steam in 2021, the publisher announced.
“We’ve been building Tribes of Midgard with the community from the start and have big plans for the game, so Gearbox came as the perfect fit to realize our vision,” said Norsfell Games founder and CEO Julian Maroda in a press release. “We couldn’t be more excited to bring the game to a full launch next year. We’re very eager to push the boundaries of what’s possible with Gearbox and Sony’s support.”
Here is an overview of the game, via Gearbox Publishing:
Tribes of Midgard is an upcoming game in which players will have to thrive in the wilderness and become a Viking legend in order to defend their village against enemy forces during Ragnarok.
Set in a world full of dark creatures, hidden gods and abundant materials to be uncovered, play together as a Viking clan living in a village that harbours the Seed of Yggdrasil; a tree that holds the promise of everlasting life.
Explore the wilderness to craft new weapons and be prepared to protect the delicate tree of your village from the grim shadows that prey upon its power. All the while, giants stalk ever closer to your village, seeking to destroy Midgard and fulfill the prophecy of the end of the world.
Inspired by Norse mythology and winner of the 2017 Ubisoft Indie Series, Tribes of Midgard is a continuously evolving gameplay experience that has something to offer longtime fans of survival games and Viking enthusiasts alike.
- Up to 10 Player Co-Op – Form a tribe, from one to 10 players, and thrive together as long as you can.
- Explore Midgard – Set in a world full of dark creatures, hidden gods and abundant materials to be uncovered.
- Craft Legendary Equipment – Use gathered materials to forge new equipment and reinforce your village.
- Defend Your Home At Night – Work together to stop the legions of Hel from invading your village at nightfall.
- Fight Together In The Wild – Face a variety of enemies while exploring the world and loot them for rewards.
- Stop The Giants To Prevent Ragnarok – Engage Giants and defeat them before they destroy the Seed of Yggdrasil.
Watch the announcement trailer below. View a set of screenshots at the gallery.