Publisher Degica Games and developer Kadokawa Corporation have announced RPG Maker MZ, the latest entry in the RPG creation software. It will launch for PC this summer with support for English, Japanese, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, and Korean language options.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
No programming knowledge required!
If you love games, surely you’ve thought at least once, “I wish I could make a game myself.” Programming, however, is a huge obstacle that stands in your way. Coming up against such a challenge, perhaps most people have given up due to the difficulty involved.
That becomes quite a loss for the entire game industry, because from among the ideas discarded, there’s bound to be creations that could lead to huge, earth-shattering hits.
The RPG Maker series was created to answer the wishes of all kinds of people who have found themselves saying, “I want to make a game without learning programming,” or “Could anyone really make a game so easily?”
A Tool Designed to Make Games
RPG Maker is known in Japan as RPG Tsukuru. “Tsukuru” is a coined term that, in a literal sense, combines the Japanese words for “make” and “tool.” This signifies that RPG Maker is a tool that is designed to make games. Within RPG Maker, we have already programmed the basic operations that support RPGs. You can make games easily by just combining settings for game components that are comprised of the main character’s parameters and enemies’ movements.
Create an Original Game with Ease!
As samples, we have prepared a wealth of resources comprised of drawings and music that are needed to make games. All you need to focus on is giving shape to your own ideas.On top of that, for anyone looking for something beyond the samples already provided, we have set aside a vast collection of additional downloadable content intended for the RPG Maker series.
By using these assets in combination, you can create a game that’s absolutely full of originality.
The RPG Maker Series’ Newest Offering: RPG Maker MZ
Throughout the long history of the RPG Maker series, its most popular product has been RPG Maker, itself. We have now decided to release its newest version, RPG Maker MZ, in the summer of 2020!
We have installed new functions and augmented existing functions that have already played a key role during game creation up to this point. For reasons such as this, RPG Maker has become more powerful than ever!
- Map Editor – With RPG Maker‘s map editor, you can create maps like you are drawing a picture.You can build countless towns and dungeons using the map chip resources included with this tool. RPG Maker MZ features a more powerful map editor function and is jam packed with lots of new resources. We will reveal more details in the coming days. Get ready to be wowed!
- Character Generation – By combining the resources included with this tool, you can place your own original characters within a game.In addition to combining assets, you can produce countless visual patterns for your characters using this function, which also allows you to change colors.
RPG Maker MZ brings you a more powerful character generation function. We will reveal more details in the coming days. Get ready to be wowed!
- A Trove of Assets Included – From assets for main characters, to map chips used for map creation and resources applied during character generation, this tool is absolutely loaded. RPG Maker MZ boasts the largest collection of assets ever in series history! We will reveal more details in the coming days. Get ready to be wowed!
- Database – When creating games through RPG Maker, the database function plays an essential role.Using the database function, you can adjust and test the game balance in relation to playable characters and enemies. You can also choose detailed settings for areas including professions, skills, items and weapons. With RPG Maker MZ, we have augmented and expanded the database function. We will reveal more details in the coming days. Get ready to be wowed!
- Test Play – RPG Maker features a test play function that makes it very easy to check the workings of your game while you are creating it.There is no need to deploy the game to another platform each time you want to test it.
- Events – In RPG Maker, you can use the event function to depict characters’ conversations, movement across a map, the placement of treasure chests and other visuals.You can easily set up the events you employ frequently. You can also copy them and use them freely. What’s most surprising is that no programming knowledge is required in order to set up events. Try to make especially interesting games by combining the large number of event types that have been provided. Through RPG Maker MZ, we have bolstered the event function. We will reveal more details in the coming days. Get ready to be wowed!
- Animation – By using the animation function, you can successfully produce effects that add glitz and impact to battle scenes.In RPG Maker MZ, we’ve revamped the animation function! We will reveal more details in the coming days. Get ready to be wowed!
- Plug-Ins – If someone requires more than what RPG Maker‘s existing functions offer or desires to make an even more advanced game, they can use the plug-in function to build a more highly customized creation.In RPG Maker MZ, we have really beefed up the plug-in function. We will reveal more details in the coming days. Get ready to be wowed!
- Playing a Game – RPG Maker MZ makes it much easier for users to play games!We will reveal more details in the coming days. Get ready to be wowed!