Publisher Sold Out and developer Metamorphosis Games have released the debut trailer for Gestalt: Steam & Cinder, as well as announced that a demo will be available for PC via Steam from June 16 to 22 as part of the Steam Game Festival: Summer Edition.
“We have been thrilled with the community’s response to Gestalt: Steam & Cinder, so we’re really excited for more players to get their first taste of the game with this downloadable demo,” said Sold Out marketing director Sarah Hoeksma in a press release. “With gorgeous pixel art and a captivating narrative, we are keen for Gestalt: Steam & Cinder to become an indie favorite when it launches later this year.”
Here is an overview of the game, via Sold Out:
Gestalt: Steam & Cinder fuses tight 2D platforming and exhilarating combat with an engrossing, twist-laden narrative in a stunningly handcrafted steampunk world inspired by 16 and 32-bit classics.
Join Aletheia and a vibrant cast of characters as they find themselves embroiled in a race to discover the secrets of the massive, steam-powered city of Canaan, the last bastion of mankind. Unravel centuries-old conspiracies, battle hosts of monstrous automata and thwart the twisted schemes of the city’s corrupt overseers, the Comitium, as you fight for mankind’s survival and discover the dark truth of the Steam City’s origin.
- Nuanced Combat System – Unleash Aletheia’s inner power, grow stronger, and engage in deep and varied combat, mastering a vast range of melee combos and ranged revolver attacks in uncompromising action.
- Riveting Narrative – Encounter a vibrant cast of characters and explore Canaan’s districts in an intertwining narrative filled with conspiracy-laden intrigue, NPCs, optional side quests, and choice-driven dialogue.
- Mesmerizing Art – Traverse a vast and stunningly handcrafted steampunk world, from the thriving city streets of Irkalla to the sprawling Scrap Sea, all embellished with spectacular animations and gorgeous backdrops.
- Grow Your Skills – Gain experience and craft new abilities to tap into the mysterious power dwelling within Aletheia as you discover new areas, smash through secret paths and take on the Steam City’s toughest enemies.
- Shape Your Fate – Make decisions that will shape the fates of Aletheia and other characters you’ll meet along your journey.
Gestalt: Steam & Cinder is due out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC via Steam in 2020.
Watch the new trailer below.