“Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time stands on the shoulders of the core precision gameplay we all fell in love with in the ‘90s,” said Toys for Bob co-studio head Paul Yan in a press release. “This epic new adventure spans space and time, introducing new ways to platform that both long-time fans and new players alike will enjoy mastering. Get ready to fall in love with the mutant marsupials all over again!”
Activision president Rob Kostich added, “Our teams have delivered two awesome remastered Crash Bandicoot experiences and the community passion for the series continues to be incredible. Now it is time to turn the page and give players something entirely new. Loyal fans have been patiently waiting to see the journey continue for their favorite marsupial, and we’re giving players the completely new experience they deserve with Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time.”
Here is an overview of the game, via Activision:
Bandicoots get ready fur it, Crash is moving 4-ward into 2020 with a brand-new game—Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time. No, literally! Capturing the spirit of the series that fans know and love, everyone’s favorite marsupials are back and putting a fresh spin, jump and wump on conflicts of cosmic proportions, discovering expansive new worlds, unexpected allies, larger-than-life boss battles and powerful new Quantum Masks that must be unite to restore order to the multiverse.
- A True Sequel – Finally. Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time is the first original entry in the Crash franchise in more than 10 years and the long-awaited sequel to the original trilogy. Rewinding time back to the end of Crash Bandicoot: Warped, Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time picks up after Neo Cortex, Dr. N. Tropy and Uka Uka were last stranded on a distant planet. After decades of fruitless attempts, the trio finally make their escape, ripping an Evil-Scientist-sized hole in the fabric of space-time in the process. Now all that stands between them and total dominion over the multiverse are two fuzzy marsupials from N. Sanity Island.
- Modern Take on a Classic Game – As expected, everything that’s lovingly absurd about previous Crash Bandicoot games has been N.tensified in this action platformer. Crafted with the original trilogy in mind, Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time embodies the precision gameplay we all fell in love with in the ‘90s while introducing quality of life improvements, visual upgrades, new gameplay mechanics, along with Modern and Retro modes that both longtime fans and new players alike will enjoy mastering.
- Powerful Quantum Masks – Throughout this time-shattering adventure, players will uncover four Quantum Masks, the guardians of space and time, that will give them the ability to bend the rules of reality and gain advanced ways to conquer dangerous obstacles.
- New Art Style – Toys for Bob is excited to introduce a fresh visual direction for Crash that maintains the zany spirit of the franchise while also breathing unique personality and charm into it. Fans can expect wacky new worlds, lush epic vistas and an absurd variety of enemies and hazards.
- New Playable Characters – Fans can play as Crash or Coco on their journey to save the multiverse, and new playable characters, including the fiendish Neo Cortex, will emerge to provide an alternative perspective on our hero bandicoots’ quest to defeat their nefarious nemeses.
- Larger-than-Life Boss Battles – Fans can expect formidable bosses and monumental battles like they’ve never seen before, as Crash and Coco use Quantum Masks to their advantage.
- Advanced Platforming Tricks – Utilize the environment by wall running, rail grinding and rope swinging, discovering new ways to platform and progress through exciting challenges.
- A Love Letter to Fans By Fans – Longtime Crash fans and lead developer Toys for Bob extends Crash lore in surprising ways, giving fans unseen sides of classic characters, new whimsical worlds and an exploration into the eternal struggle between bad science and a Bandicoot.