Blue Fire, which was first announced for Switch in March, will also launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam following its debut on the Nintendo hardware, publisher Graffiti Games and developer Robi Studios announced. All versions of the game are due out in Q1 2021.
Originally slated to launch this summer, Blue Fire was delayed “as a result of industry-wide changes due to COVID-19, which have led to some logistical delays in the game’s release.”
“After revealing Blue Fire for Nintendo Switch, the gaming community has been wanting to know if Blue Fire will release on other systems and today we’re excited to share that it will,” said Robi Studios CEO Gabriel Rosa in a press release. “Whether playing on Switch, Xbox One, PS4, or PC, you will need to master movement by learning ways to use it to your advantage, especially during very hard platforming segments that I believe are either very rare or have never been seen in the 3D space.”
Here is an overview of the game, via Graffiti Games:
In Blue Fire players embark on an extraordinary journey through the desolate kingdom of Penumbra to discover the hidden secrets of this long-forgotten land. Explore mystical temples, confront 3D platforming challenges, encounter survivors and take on strange quests to collect valuable items. Along the adventure, players will slash their way through daunting adversaries, roam across mysterious and abandoned regions, leap through deadly traps and ultimately master the art of movement.
- A Haunting World – Travel through the perished world of Penumbra as Umbra to explore unique areas filled with diverse enemies, sharp 3D platforming challenges, quests, collectibles and more.
- Slash Through Great Adversaries – Encounter dangerous enemies with distinct fighting styles and partake in intense combat-platforming boss fights.
- Meet Peculiar Survivors – A long time has passed since Penumbra fell into darkness, but those that survived the kingdom’s fall will assist in unlocking valuable rewards.
- Collectibles – Once a rich and lush kingdom, Penumbra is filled with many collectibles and items to discover, loot, collect, sell, trade and purchase.
- Upgrades – No great warrior can battle the dangers lurking in Penumbra without the proper equipment. Upgrade swords, collect valuable amulets and unlock new abilities to transform into a fierce fighter.
- Lost in the Void – Far from Penumbra, there is a lost land called The Void. Find Void entrances throughout the world to uncover abstract platforming challenges that require great mastery to gather the valuable rewards hidden inside.
Watch a new gameplay trailer below. View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.