Anima Project has announced Anima: Song from the Abyss, an action RPG based on the Anima: Beyond Fantasy tabletop game, for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC. A release date was not announced. It will support English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish language options.
There have been three other entries in the Anima video game series thus far: Anima: Ark of Sinners, which launched for Wii in July 2011; Anima: Gate of Memories, which launched for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, PC, Mac, and Linux in June 2016; and Anima: Gate of Memories – The Nameless Chronicles, which launched for the same platforms in June 2018.
Here is an overview of Anima: Song from the Abyss, via Anima Project:
An imperial zeppelin plunges into chaos when, incomprehensibly, most of his crew disappear. Faced with an unknown threat, the only remaining Heaven Order knight on the airship tries to protect its cargo; a powerful artifact from times past. But unknowingly, he triggers a terrible catastrophe by freeing a legendary witch who was locked inside.
As the zeppelin falls into the depths of a strange place known as the Abyss, the mysterious woman offers a deal to the knight in exchange for his salvation; He must help her discover what destroyed her civilization and why she was imprisoned.
Song from the Abyss is the new action RPG set in the world of Gaia, from the renowned role-playing book franchise Anima: Beyond Fantasy. The game allows you to control two different characters and explore a world full of mysteries. Experience a fluid combat system and a deep story with unforgettable characters.
- A gripping story, full of mysteries to uncover and wonders to unravel.
- A deep and intuitive battle system that merges fast paced real-time action with RPG elements.
- Swap between two different and unique characters in a dynamic, single-player gameplay.
- Explore a rich interconnected open world. Move back and forth between different environments and discover new areas and secrets.
- Face epic bosses, from huge wyrms to legendary monsters, each one with their own unique style and gameplay.
- Interesting characters to interact with. Develop your bond with them through your words, decisions and actions.
- Level up, unlock and customize unique skills with each character. Forge their weapons and create uncountable combinations.
- Multiples endings depending of your actions.