THQ Nordic and Koch Media, which are both owned by Embracer Group, have announced the transfer of publishing rights of several respective intellectual properties.
The following intellectual property publishing rights will be transferred from Koch Media to THQ Nordic:
- Risen – Risen is a third-person action RPG created by Piranha Bytes. Risen is considered a spiritual successor to the Gothic series, and a spiritual predecessor of ELEX.
- Rush for Berlin – Rush for Berlin is a real-time tactics game set in World War II. In the contest for the German capital Berlin, the player must fight with the American, British, French, and Soviet armies.
- Sacred – The Sacred series is a hack and slash RPG series and is reminiscent of Diablo. Same concept: level, loot, perfecting your character.
- Second Sight – Second Sight is a science fiction action-adventure stealth video game, featuring a protagonist with memory of their past and psychic abilities.
- Singles: Flirt Up Your Life – Singles: Flirt Up Your Life is a Life (and love life) simulation game from the early 2000s.
And the following intellectual property publishing rights will be transferred from THQ Nordic to Koch Media:
- Pain Killer – Hell & Damnation was just an all around awesome project to work on. It is hard to believe that it was already eight years ago for Daniel Garner and actually marked our (then: Nordic Games) first big title. What we had was truly special and although we made a lot of mistakes, we also did a lot of really awesome stuff when we published you. Unfortunately, though, today marks the day where we will let you go. We know you will get a lot of love in your new home.
- Red Faction – We loved working on Re-Mars-tered (yes, we do have a certain reputation for corny names for remasters, and we are damn proud of it), but the time has come to put our sledgehammers on the shelf. Live long and prosper!