Here is the official notice:
■ Notice of Termination of Terra Battle Service and Energy Sales
We thank you very much for playing Terra Battle.
Ever since we started Terra Battle, we have endeavored to provide the best service experience for our users.However, we have determined that we would not be able to continue providing the necessary quality of service moving forward, and have come to the difficult decision to terminate service on Tuesday, June 30th, 2020 at 0:00 UTC.
We truly appreciate everyone playing and supporting Terra Battle throughout the years, and are heartbroken to deliver this sudden news. Please see the schedule below, leading up to the termination of service:
- Friday, May 29, 2020 at 0:00 UTC
- Notice of Termination (this notice)
- Discontinue the sales of Terra Battle‘s in-game currency, “Energy.” (You may continue to use Energy until the day of Terra Battle‘s service termination.)
- Monday, June 15, 2020 at 14:59 UTC
- Termination of support related to data transfer and recovery of Terra Battle game data. *We will not be able to correspond to inquiries regarding the transfer or recovery of Terra Battle game data after this date.
- Tuesday, June 30, 2020 at 0:00 UTC
- Terra Battle service termination.
- Terra Battle User Support termination.
(The dates indicated on this notice are subject to change.)
Although we don’t have much time remaining, we hope you continue to enjoy Terra Battle until the very end.
—Terra Battle Operations Team 5/29/2020
It is with deep regret that I inform you, service for Terra Battle will be terminated.
Terra Battle‘s test version was released in Canada back in September of 2014, and the game went on to officially release in the United States, Canada, England, France, Germany and Spain in October of the same year. Finally, the game was available in Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macao in April of 2015.
I am so grateful for all the fans who played Terra Battle for nearly six years.
It feels as though our conception of the “Pincer Shogi” mechanic happened in the distant, nostalgic past.
This game was also our first smartphone service-type RPG. I personally learned a lot from this experience, and am constantly reminded that “there are no paths that aren’t worth taking.”
I am very thankful to have had such an experience.
Currently, Mistwalker is hard at work developing our next title on the Apple Arcade called Fantasian. This game goes back to my roots in the Famicom (Nintendo Entertainment System) era, and I plan to bring this to life using using dioramas. Development for the game is currently moving at full speed and I hope to see you all in the next “world.”
Thank you for your continued support.
—Hironobu Sakaguchi Producer, Terra Battle 5/29/2020