Shoot ’em up CYGNI: All Guns Blazing announced for PCBecome Earth's last line of defense against an unyielding alien bombardment.
Scotland-based developer KeelWorks has announced CYGNI: All Guns Blazing, a shoot ’em up that promises “eye-popping visuals, ear bursting soundscapes, and mind-melting action.” It is planned for release for PC via Steam in 2021.
A KeelWorks spokesperson told IGN that console versions of CYGNI: All Guns Blazing will likely follow the PC release. PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X versions are also likely, but not officially confirmed.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
An unrelenting onslaught of eye-popping visuals, ear bursting soundscapes, and mind-melting action makes CYGNI the vanguard for the next generation of shoot ’em ups.
Outgunned, outmanned, and out on your own, plunge into a sky full of hell in a last-ditch battle for survival. Choose to route power between weapons or shield systems and go up against unrelenting waves of ground and aerial enemies. Upgrade your ship by picking up new tech and take down colossal alien bosses in visceral combat; do whatever it takes to survive.
CYGNI assaults the eyes, ears, and mind to deliver an extraordinarily exhilarating video game experience. CYGNI does not seek to reinvent shoot ’em ups, but to elevate the genre to deliver the heightened sensations of a truly next-generation experience.
Encamped within the remains of a long-lost civilization on the planet CYGNI, Earth forces are decimated by a surprise attack from a powerful, biomechanical, alien race. As one of the last pilots on the last carrier in the fleet, you are the only line of defense against the unyielding alien bombardment.
- With next generation visuals, animation, and special effects CYGNI is a new benchmark in cinematic shoot ’em ups.
- Be the lone fighter battling through intensely hostile levels filled with waves of air and ground assaults.
- Choose where to route power on the fly switching between shields (defensive) or weapons systems (offensive).
- Collect energy to power up your ship and energize weaponry from hard-hitting nukes to inescapable vortex bombs.
- Launch air-to-air and air-to-ground attacks as you traverse neon-lit metropolises, moon-like landscapes and even outer space.
- Go one-on-one against gargantuan enemies in cinematically epic boss battles.
- Full orchestral score and immersive sound design.
Watch the announcement trailer below. View the first screenshots at the gallery. Visit the official website here.