Destructive Creations will release the Switch version of squad-based real-time strategy game Ancestors Legacy on June 11, the developer announced.
Ancestor’s Legacy first launched for PC via Steam in May 2018, followed by PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in August 2019.
Here is an overview of the game, via Destructive Creations:
Ancestors Legacy is a history-inspired, real-time strategy game influenced by historical events in the Middle Ages. The game combines resource management and base building with large-scale, squad-based battles across vast battlefields, all rendered in superb detail with Unreal Engine 4. Experience medieval bloodshed like never before thanks to the cinematic action camera that puts you right in the middle of the battle at the press of a button.
Take command of your army as you storm through medieval Europe in an extensive series of campaigns. Choosing one of the four available nations—Viking, Anglo-Saxon, German, or Slav—you will be tasked with more than just conquering, raiding, and pillaging enemy camps, villages, and towns. Only by utilizing the full range of available tactical options, taking strategic advantage of the environment, and managing your temporary bases and settlements will you emerge victorious.
- Four playable nations in an extensive single-player campaign inspired by historical events.
- Various modes of intense multiplayer battles.
- Advanced tactical options combining the use of terrain, experience, and morale.
- Cinematic battle camera view that puts you right in the center of the action.
- Outstanding visual fidelity powered by Unreal Engine 4.
- Streamlined resource management and village construction.