Sunless Sea: Zubmariner Edition, which first launched for PlayStation 4 in August 2018 following the original PC release in February 2015, is coming to Switch on April 23 and Xbox One on April 24, publisher Digerati and developer Failbetter Games announced. The ports are developed Nephilim Game Studios.
An updated version of the January 2019-released PC followup game Sunless Skies, dubbed Sunless Skies: Sovereign Edition, is currently also in development for release across PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC in 2020.
Here is an overview of Sunless Sea: Zubmariner Edition, via Digerati:
Lose your mind. Eat your crew. Die.
Take the helm of your steamship in a Victorian gothic role-playing game of discovery, loneliness and frequent death.
Sunless Sea: Zubmariner Edition includes the base game and the extensive underwater expansion.
- Find your father’s bones. Determine London’s destiny. Defy the gods of the deep sea.
- Build up your story across generations of zailors who braved the sea and lost.
- Real-time combat against ships and Zee-beasts, spider-crewed dreadnoughts and sentient icebergs.
- Stray too far from civilization and your crew will grow fearful and eventually lose their sanity.
- Upgrade your steamship with powerful engines, cannons and pneumatic torpedo guns.
- Hire unique officers, each with their own story.
- Discover the treasures the zee has claimed.
- Choose a ship’s mascot.
- Trade or smuggle silk and souls.
Watch a trailer below.