80’s Overdrive, a retro racing game that first launched for 3DS in March 2017, is coming to Switch via the Nintendo eShop on May 7, developer Insane Code announced.
Here is an overview of the game, via its official website:
80’s Overdrive is a 2D pixel art racing game, designed to take you back in time to when 8- and 16-bit consoles and arcade games ruled the world. Compete against opponents in Career Mode to unlock new races, buy new cars and upgrade them with state-of-the-art technologies! Try your skill in Time-Attack Mode and see how far you can get in this race against the clock! Create your own tracks with built-in track generator and easily share them with your friends!
- Cars – Six retro supercars of the ’80s such as Penetrator GT, Intruder Turbo, and De Loan. Players will be able to upgrade engine, chassis, and tires to improve top speed, acceleration, handling, and braking. Car can be also equipped with police radar and nitro boost.
- Game Modes
- Career Mode – Racers compete against each other on various, point-to-point style tracks or do special missions. Player can be also chased by the police.
- Time-Attack Mode (Outrun Mode) – Players fight against clock and try to get as far as they can until the time runs out.
- Style – Handcrafted, pixel art graphics and 18 synth / retrowave music scores.
- Tracks and Themes – Eight unique visual themes.
- Track Editor – Players can race on their own tracks. Tracks will be made by editing parameters. This would generate the track code which can be shared with friends.
Watch a new trailer below.