Bug Fables: The Everlasting Sapling will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Switch on May 28 for $24.99, publisher Dangen Entertainment and developer Moonsprout Games announced. Xbox One and Switch pre-orders will begin on May 14.
“I’ve dreamed of seeing my game on consoles my entire life,” said Moonsprout Games lead developer Jose Fernando Gracia in a press release. “I can’t wait to see a new wave of players explore the world of Bug Fables. No matter what console they choose to play it on, I hope Bug Fables gives them a huge smile. To everyone who has supported us until this day, thank you very much! We’ve gotten this far thanks to you!”
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Bug Fables: The Everlasting Sapling is an adventure RPG following three heroes, Vi, Kabbu, and Leif, as they embark on an epic quest in Bugaria in search of The Everlasting Sapling, a treasure that can grant immortality! The game combines colorful platforming with the heroes’ unique abilities as they explore a wide variety of areas in the kingdom. The turn-based battles make use of Action Commands that can power up your attacks!
Hidden within the foliage of nature lies a small but prosperous continent—Bugaria. Insects from all over the world travel to it in search of the treasure scattered across it. The most sought after of these relics is The Everlasting Sapling! Eating just one of its leaves can grant even immortality! In search of this ancient artifact, a brave team of explorers—Vi, Kabbu, and Leif—will travel across many different environments. In order to do so, they must work together to clear puzzles, defeat strong enemies and help the general bug populace!
- Seven lush chapters of story following the heroes across Bugaria!
- Traverse vast overworlds that transition into turn-based combat! Use action commands with Vi’s Beemerang, Leif’s Ice Magic, or Kabbu’s Horn to make attacks more effective or block enemy attacks! Turn the tide of battle with the Turn Relay feature to exploit enemy weaknesses with the power of teamwork!
- Explore unique areas including: The Ant Kingdom, the treacherous Snakemouth Den, the picturesque Golden Hills, The Lost Sands, and Vi’s home, the Bee Kingdom!
- Utilize a cooking system to turn ingredients into items that can help you in battle!
- Engage in a Tattle System that lets you hear your party interact with each other as they discover all the secrets Bugaria has in store!
- Over 30 sidequests and 15 optional bosses!
Watch a new trailer below.