Action rhythm first-person shooter Pistol Whip will launch for PlayStation VR this summer, developer Cloudhead Games announced.
Here is an overview of the game, via PlayStation.com:
Pistol Whip is an unstoppable action-rhythm first-person shooter. Journey through a cinematic bullet hell powered by a breakneck soundtrack to become the ultimate action hero legend.
Inspired by God-mode action movies like John Wick and Equilibrium, Pistol Whip throws you gun-first into an explosive batch of hand-crafted action scenes each set to their own breakneck soundtrack. But unlike traditional music games, Pistol Whip has no line in the sand; you have complete freedom to shoot, melee, and dodge targets to the rhythm YOU see fit.
- A New Kind of Rhythm Game: Pair the pulse-pounding pace of an FPS with the flow-state energy of a music game in a cinematic symphony of violence.
- Play How You Want: Form your rhythm and find your playstyle, from tactical to musical, then challenge your skill with friends and world leaderboards.
- Hand Crafted Levels: Infiltrate a fever dream of hand-crafted scenes, from bank heists to android uprisings, each uniquely designed to music.
- Mix Things Up With Mods: Take it over-the-top with a variety of gameplay mods, such as Dual Wield, to enable the ultimate gun kata experience.
- Comfortable Motion: Constant momentum and comfort-first design allows non-stop speed without the fear of motion sickness.
- Breakneck Soundtrack: Featuring EDM artists from Kannibalen Records, including Apashe, HVDES, and Black Tiger Sex Machine; with more to come…
- Weapon Crate: Customize your gun’s appearance with options for colours, wraps, and sound effects to suit the action hero you want to be.
- Post-Launch Support: Pistol Whip will continue to receive updates with new scene packs, modifiers, weapon customization, and more in the months to come.
Watch the PlayStation VR announcement trailer below.