The Coma: Double Cut collection coming to Switch on August 6 in JapanIncludes The Coma: Recut and The Coma 2: Vicious Sisters.
Chorus Worldwide will release The Coma: Double Cut, a collection that includes both The Coma: Recut and sequel The Coma 2: Vicious Sisters, for Switch on August 6 in Japan for 4,378 yen, listings at retailers such as Rakuten Books and Yodobashi confirm.
The Coma: Double Cut includes five costume add-ons for The Coma 2: Vicious Sisters that are otherwise sold separately. First-print copies include the sequel’s original soundtrack CD.
The Coma: Recut is available now digitally for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC via Steam. The Coma 2: Vicious Sisters first launched for PC via Steam on January 28, and is planned for a later digital release on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Switch.
Here is an overview of each game:
The Coma 2: Vicious Sisters (Steam)
Mina Park, a student of Sehwa High, awakens at night in her school. It isn’t long before she realizes that something is amiss. The once-familiar school where she spends her evenings studying looks twisted by something dark and sinister. She finds herself pursued by someone or something that looks eerily like her teacher. To survive, Mina must venture beyond the boundaries of her school and into the surrounding district. There, she will encounter strange creatures, mysterious strangers, and uneasy allies.
The Coma 2: Vicious Sisters is an atmospheric, story-driven game. Immerse yourself in the warped Sehwa district as you encounter an engaging cast of characters, solve puzzles, discover revealing clues, and fight for survival against a relentless psycho.
Heroines, forced to confront their worst fears, rarely emerge unscathed. Over the course of the story, Mina will encounter dangerous scenarios from which she could sustain permanent damage. Craft items to anticipate future dangers to avoid injury.
Dark Song is now more fearsome and powerful than ever before. Falling into her grasp could spell instant death. Running and wielding your flashlight makes you an easy target. You must precariously balance the urgency of exploration with your absolute need to survive!
- Fear Dark Song’s relentless pursuit to kill you, now with an all-new AI.
- Craft items to prepare for critical life-or-death situations or risk permanent injury.
- Explore the nightmarish district of Sehwa and discover its dark secrets.
- Scavenge resources to survive deadly encounters and afflictions.
- Unlock tools and upgrades to reach previously inaccessible areas.
- Hide to avoid detection and certain death. Pass challenges to conceal your location.
- Featuring vibrant, hand-illustrated in-game visuals and comic strips.
The Coma: Recut (Steam)
A New Lesson in Terror
The good news is your school is about to explode. The bad news is… you’re trapped in it with her.
The Coma is back, recut and remastered. Explore this horror-fest of the Korea indie cult classic with an all new visual upgrade and mechanics.
- 2D hand illustrated visuals.
- A unique infusion of Korean horror in the survival-adventure genre.
- Listen carefully to footsteps revealing the killer’s approach.
- Run and hide from the world’s most relentless psycho-killer.
- Avoid poisonous tentacles and clawing shadows as you explore.
- Discover notes and clues that illuminate the mystery of Sehwa High.
- Work together with the others who are trapped here. But can they be trusted?
- Crouch in the shadows during intense moments as the Killer searches for you.
- Reveal the startling mystery of your school through maps, notes, and exploration.
- Run & Hide – With no escape in sight, Youngho must roam the halls of his school at night searching for a way out. During this journey he will encounter many threats hell-bent on killing him. Running is the best way to avoid danger—unfortunately, Youngho isn’t much of an athlete, so he can’t run forever. Find a place to hide and keep your mouth shut!
- Explore – The Coma is a harsh world. This twisted reality of your high school knows no kindness. Use maps, notes, and tips from other characters to navigate your way through the world and figure out how you became trapped in such a bleak place.
- Survive & Escape – Everything is out to get you. Youngho will have to avoid a persistent killer, lashing tentacles, and more to survive the school. Unfortunately, health is in short supply, and if you’re not careful, you will die. The good news is that save-points provide a welcome breather from the onslaught of things trying to kill you.
- Korean Horror – The Coma provides a glimpse—albeit a horrific one—into the life of Korea’s overworked high school students. We hope you’ll enjoy our infusion of Korean culture into the survival horror genre.
- Gameplay – As Youngho, you must navigate through the three connected buildings of your high school using your wits. Along the way, you will find unlockable art, notes, and easter eggs that expand on The Coma universe. Oh yeah, did we mention the relentless killer, traps, and inevitable game overs?
Horror of Sehwa High
After spending all night studying for the last day of Sehwa High’s final exams, Youngho has an eerie dream. He arrives at school the next morning and learns someone tried to commit suicide in school the night before. Despite this, class goes on!
Youngho drifts asleep during the final to find himself trapped in the school at night. The only problem is…he’s not alone. You can run. You can hide. Can you survive while piecing together the nightmarish mystery of Sehwa High?
Recut and Remastered
- A new horror theme.
- New character animations.
- New hiding mechanic.
- Rolling evasion.
- Rebalanced items & inventory.
- Rebalanced stamina gauge.
- Updated cutscenes and art.