Developer Q-Games has announced PixelJunk Eden 2 for Switch. It will launch via the Nintendo eShop in Q2 2020 as a timed exclusive and support English, Spanish, Italian, German, French, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Japanese, and Korean language options.
Here is an overview of the game, via Q-Games:
You are an inquisitive little floppy horned creature called a Grimp and you are on a quest to save your fellow Grimps and liberate their worlds. Jump, spin, swing and take out invading creatures to collect pollen and grow each Grimp’s garden back to full bloom. Along the way you will encounter a host of creatures and beautifully realized alien worlds to explore and conquer. Wallow in a feeling of synaesthesia as the exquisite music from Baiyon envelops your mind and soul and you, your Grimp and the delightful aesthetics of PixelJunk Eden become one.
- Artistic style imagining nature and plant life, as visualized through the flow of ink running across a sheet of paper.
- Ingenious stages generated in real-time based on player action; in all 10 gardens (stages), each with 5 variations.
- Unique action experience born from the symphony of grooving techno/house sound and stylistic visuals.
- 24 types of Grimps (Player Characters) with different features. Individual Grimp characteristics change the gameplay.
- 40 kinds of Spices are available to enhance the behavior of Grimps!
View the first screenshots at the gallery.