Hardspace: Shipbreaker, the recently announced sandbox space simulator developed by Blackbird Interactive, will launch for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in addition to PC, publisher Focus Home Interactive announced. The PC version will launch first via Steam Early Access this summer.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Welcome to LYNX, the galaxy’s leading ship-salvaging corporation!
- Experience Your Life as a Shipbreaker! – Across your career, you’ll have the privilege of paying your debt to us by purchasing salvaging rights to increasingly large and valuable ships. Cut them open and extract as much value as possible!
- Cutting-Edge Tools to Salvage in Challenging Conditions! – You are equipped with the latest in LYNX tech. Carve entry points, salvage valuable materials and components with your cutting tool or slice scrap metal at any angle into a million pieces as you ponder a lonely existence… the possibilities are endless! Be cautious – dying is extremely unprofitable.
- New Upgrades for Living the Cutter Dream! – We strongly advise upgrading your tools, helmet and suit to take on more lucrative contracts – all you need to worry about is how you’ll pay for it!
As of today, your debt amounts to: 999,999,999 Credits. Good luck on the job, cutter!
- Experience daily life as a blue-collar spaceship salvager.
- Cut and destroy at will within a next-generation physics simulation.
- Upgrade tools and unlock new perks to take on harder contracts.
Watch the console announcement trailer below.