Below will launch for PlayStation 4 on April 7 for $24.99 alongside a free update for the currently available Xbox One and PC versions, developer Capybara Games announced.
The free update adds “Explore” mode, a more accessible experience that encourages player exploration, which is making its debut in the PlayStation 4 version.
Below presents a vast underworld of ever-shifting labyrinths where deadly monstrosities, cunning traps, and a shadowy presence lurk in every passage. Craft remedies and tools to help you survive the Depths. What lies below? Only the brave will find out.
Explore mode offers an accessible adventure, while preserving the mystery and danger of the Isle.
Survive mode is for only the hardiest wanderers.
Hazards and beasts are at their deadliest; survival requires careful planning and sharp instincts.
Explore Mode Changes
- Explore changes to survival
- No Hunger or Thirst
- Can’t drink puddles or bottles
- Bottles still need to be filled with water for cooking soup
- Soups restore health
- Death’s door teleport to island
- Avoids the issue of jumping down without enough lamp juice to open the door
- Explore World Entity changes
- Fire Pillars
- Chance to drop embers
- Fires don’t burn out until you die
- Invincible, can’t be broken with bombs
- No one-hit deaths
- No iron maiden
- Explore Damage Changes
- All damage is bleed damage, giving the player time to stop the bleeding
- Explore Checkpoints / Campfires
- Don’t clear after use
- Still only one active at a time
- Mode-specific Saves
- New Save slot for Explore
- New Survive mode on main menu (original mode)
- Existing progress saved as Survive mode slot