Souls-like science-fiction action RPG Hellpoint will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC, Mac, and Linux via Steam on April 16, publisher tinyBuild and developer Cradle Games announced.
Here is an overview of the game, via tinyBuild:
Hellpoint is an intense, dark sci-fi RPG set on a derelict space station orbiting an ominous supermassive black hole. Taking inspiration from games like Dark Souls and Dead Space and movies like Event Horizon and Hellraiser, Hellpoint is doubling down on co-op multiplayer (with both split-screen and online support) while immersing players in a twisted narrative involving Cosmic Gods, quantum physics, and extinct space civilizations.
The game is set in the aftermath of a massive quantum cataclysm called the Merge. You wake up on board the Irid Novo space station, a beacon of galactic cooperation and scientific exploration gone horribly wrong. What happens next will be solely determined by your choices.
- Souls-like gameplay in a unique setting: Explore the derelict space station of Irid Novo and face bizarre enemies with a tight and unforgiving combat system.
- Occult space story: Blending science and fantasy, the intensely atmospheric dark sci-fi setting will keep you searching for answers.
- Dynamic World: The Quantic System acts as a dungeon master; slightly transforming the game world every time you die and triggering events as the station revolves around the black hole.
- Jump-in co-op and player-versus-player multiplayer: Ask a friend to press Start to join a couch co-op session or call for assistance online. Hellpoint offers a full, uninterrupted co-op story with shared loot drops.
- Split-screen support: The full Hellpoint experience is available in jump-in/jump-out split-screen multiplayer on PC, PS4, and Xbox One.
Watch a new trailer below.