Stonewheat & Sons-developed cooperative mail delivery game KeyWe launch for PC via Steam in 2021, publisher Sold Out announced.
While PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Switch versions of the game have not been formally announced, the game’s official website lists those platforms as platforms it hopes to reach in the future.
“From the moment we saw KeyWe, we knew that it was something very special and destined to become a beloved gaming sensation,” said Sold Out marketing director Sarah Hoeksma in a press release. “The adorable characters and fun, chaotic gameplay make for a unique gaming experience that will appeal to players of all ages. We have big plans and ambitions for KeyWe, and have high hopes of it becoming gaming’s next big co-op hit.”
A demo of KeyWe will be playable at PAX East 2020, which runs from February 27 to March 1 at the Boston Convention Center.
Here is an overview of the game, via Sold Out:
The mail must flow! KeyWe is a cute, co-operative postal puzzler starring Jeff and Debra, two small kiwi birds working in a whimsical post office. With no hands to help them, they must jump, flap, peck and butt-slam their way across an interactive landscape of levers, bells and buttons to get those messages delivered on time.
Encounter perilous postal environments and navigate seasonal hazards while waddling through the Telepost’s various mail rooms, and partner up with a pal to help these adorable kiwis complete their tasks, whatever the weather. Unlock new accessories to customize your kiwi and become the best-dressed mail bird in Bungalow Basin.
- Mail room mayhem – Take on the role of a postal-working kiwi bird and partner up with a friend to type out telegrams, send urgent messages, ship packages and keep the mail flowing.
- Cute, chaotic co-op – Buddy up on the couch or flock online.
- Equally cute single-player – Control both kiwi birds on a single controller to venture out on a solo mail service adventure.
- Perilous postal environments – Navigate post office desks and shipping rooms to become a master of the mail service.
- Seasonal silliness – Encounter hazards caused by wintery weather, autumnal thunderstorms and more on the way to becoming postal pros.
- Customizable kiwis – Change the color of your kiwi’s feathers and unlock new accessories – because kiwi birds look cute in little hats!
Watch a new trailer below. View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.