Deck13 Spotlight, the publishing label of Deck13 Interactive, will publish Chained Echoes, the 16-bit Japanese-style RPG developed by independent studio Ark Heiral funded on Kickstarter back in February 2019. It will launch for PlayStation 4, Switch, and PC via Steam in late 2021.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Take up your sword, channel your magic or board your Mech. Chained Echoes is a 16-bit SNES style RPG set in a fantasy world where dragons are as common as piloted mechanical suits. Follow a group of heroes as they explore a land filled to the brim with charming characters, fantastic landscapes and vicious foes. Can you bring peace to a continent where war has been waged for generations and betrayal lurks around every corner?
Chained Echoes is a story-driven game where a group of heroes travel around the vast continent of Valandis to bring an end to the war between its three kingdoms. In the course of their journey, they will travel through a wide array of diverse landscapes spanning from wind-tanned plateaus and exotic archipelagos to sunken cities and forgotten dungeons.
- 20 to 25 hours of play time.
- Fast paced turn-based battles.
- No random encounters; enemies can be seen running around.
- Tons of items to be looted, stolen or crafted.
- Complex skill and equipment system.
- Customize your own airship.
- Travel and fight by foot or in your Mech.
- 16-bit SNES-style graphics.
- Music inspired by PSX RPGs.