In Japan, the PlayStation 4 version will be available as a physical edition for 4,546 yen and a digital edition for 4,455 yen. Early pre-orders include an original storage box featuring a new illustration.
A western physical release has yet to be confirmed, but Inti Creates told Gematsu on Twitter, “We’re working on making that happen, but nothing is set in stone just yet. Once we have a confirmed, detailed answer for everyone, we will make another official announcement about it.”
Azure Striker Gunvolt: Striker Pack includes the 2014-released Azure Striker Gunvolt and 2016-released sequel Azure Striker Gunvolt 2 with enhancements such as 60 frames per second frame rate, an upgraded user interface, and more. The collection first released for 3DS in August 2016, followed by Switch in August 2017.
Here is an overview of the PlayStation 4 version, via its official website:
This title contains both Azure Striker Gunvolt and Azure Striker Gunvolt 2 packaged together in one game. For details information about the games and their characters, please visit the official websites for the original versions.
Special Features on PlayStation 4
- More intense action with frame rates upgraded from their original 30 frames per second to 60 reames per second! – Azure Striker Gunvolt and Azure Striker Gunvolt 2 were made with an emphasis on visual quality with a frame rate locked to 30 frames per escond. Thanks to the power of PlayStation 4, both games are playable in 60 frames per second!
- The entire downloadable content catalog comes pre-loaded! – The Striker Pack comes with all the previous downloadable content, including extra stages, bosses, bonus modes, and new songs.
- DualShock 4 vibration support adds a whole new layer that brings you closer to the electrifying action! – When Gunvolt uses his powerful electrical attacks, the DualShock 4’s vibration kicks in to bring you even closer to the action.
- The screen layout has been completely redone with more intuitive designs and easy-to-read menus! – The screen layout has been redone to fit intuitively on a single screen.
- Brand new song for the PlayStation 4 version! – A brand new theme song by the virtual idol Lumen (voiced by Megu Sakuragawa) debuts on PlayStation 4!
- Event graphics and in-game text look better than ever in high-resolution on PlayStation 4! – In-game text is much easier to read and characters look better than ever in high-resolution.
- Adjustments to the game balance and general gameplay improvements enhance the experience! – The Kudos system from Gunvolt 1 has been changed to the system from Gunvolt 2, adjustments have been made to some stages to balance out the difficulty, and other minor gameplay improvements have been added.
- Many different language settings are available for people around the world to enjoy! – Compatible languages include English, Japanese, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Korean, and Traditional Chinese.
About the Gunvolt Series
- Intense high-speed side-scrolling action!
- Characters and worlds created with high-quality pixel art!
- Action game elements are interwoven into a deep story that takes the genre to a whole new level!
- The heroines of the series have over 20 songs they sing to build up excitement during the games!
- Game systems and level design that can be enjoyed by both beginners and action game veterans alike!
Watch the announcement trailer below.