Warcraft III: Reforged will launch for PC on January 28, 2020 at 3:00 p.m. PT / 6:00 p.m. ET / 11:00 p.m. UK, a delay from its previously planned 2019 release window, Blizzard Entertainment announced. The game is currently available for pre-purchase in both $29.99 standard and $39.99 “Spoils of War” editions at the Blizzard Shop.
“Though we’ve been working hard to get Reforged in your hands before the end of the year, as we started approaching the finish line, we felt we’d need a little extra development time for finishing touches,” Blizzard Entertainment said in a news post. “As always, our goal is to honor the high standards you hold us to.”
Here is an overview of the game, via the Blizzard Shop:
A Classic Favorite, Reforged
Warcraft III: Reforged is a stunning reimagining of the revolutionary real-time strategy game that laid the foundation for Azeroth’s most epic stories. It is a remake in the truest sense, featuring a thorough visual overhaul, a suite of contemporary social and matchmaking features, and more. Command the Night Elves, Undead, Orcs, and Humans as alliances shift and armies clash in this timeless real-time strategy game.
Azeroth, Born Anew
- Experience an Epic Story – The founding of Orgrimmar. The fall of Lordaeron. The reign of the Burning Legion. The rise of the Lich King. Veterans and newcomers alike will experience these pivotal events in Azeroth’s history like never before.
- The Battlefield Awaits – Play through the points of view of four distinct factions: the mighty Orcs, the noble Humans, the ancient Night Elves, and the insidious Undead. Gather resources, build your base, and assemble an army. Recruit powerful heroes to lead your forces, and meet your foes in battle. Destroy the enemy base to win the game!
- Vast Campaigns – Relive the events of Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos and The Frozen Throne. Enjoy an epic saga retold with over four hours of reshot cutscenes and updated voice-overs that breathe new life into the earliest renditions of Azeroth’s key characters, across more than 60 single-player missions that span Kalimdor, Northrend, Lordaeron, and beyond.
- Reimagined Visuals – Every character, structure, and environment has been recreated to emphasis the depth, dimension, and personality of this rough-hewn fantasy world. Behold Warcraft III’s classic units in glorious 4K, with updated animations that bring them to life like you’ve never seen.
- World Editor & Custom Maps – Return to the game that started it all. Discover a vast universe of player-created games, including tower defense, MOBAs, RPGs, survival games, and more—or build your own with the upgraded World Editor.
- Multiplayer Matchmaking – Challenge opponents with modern multiplayer matchmaking, search for custom game lobbies, and connect with friends through the Blizzard Battle.net app. With updated UI and countless quality-of-life improvements, its never been easier to get into Warcraft III.