Here are the patch notes:
- New course parts have been added.
- Each new part can be used in the following game styles as shown below
Super Mario Bros. Super Mario Bros. 3 Super Mario World New Super Mario Bros. U Super Mario 3D World Master Sword Yes No No No No Spike Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Pokey Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes P Block Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Frozen Coin Yes Yes Yes Yes No Dash Block No No No No Yes
- Select the Master Sword by first placing a Super Mushroom, then changing its type from the options available.
- Select the Frozen Coin by first placing a Coin, then changing its type from the options available.
- The Ninji Speedruns mode has been added.
- New conditions have been added to Detailed Search when searching for courses.
- Multiplayer Versus courses can now be displayed in order of popularity.
- Course searches can now be further refined by applying the “Date Uploaded” condition.
- Course searches can now be further refined by applying the “Number of Plays” condition.
- The number of likes a maker has received will now be displayed in the Overview section of their Maker Profile.
- Makers are now less likely to lose Maker Points when uploading a new course.
- As part of this change, Maker Points may revert to their value prior to installing this update.
- Issues have been fixed to make for a more pleasant gaming experience.
Read more about the update here.
Super Mario Maker 2 is available now for Switch.